We are available to run courses for health care professionals* who work with expectant parents, foster and adoptive parents, and families and carers with babies and young children. If you or your practice have specific needs or requests about training, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Baby Carrying Workshop for Health Care Professionals
This is our most popular course for HCPs. It is a practical, one-day baby carrying workshop.
The workshop includes an overview of the theory behind carrying babies, safety, physiology and practical instruction on teaching parents how to use a stretchy wrap. The aim of this course is to train professionals to impart a practical skill that can help strengthen the parent-child relationship and help parents look after their own mental health. This course is also useful for professionals working with carers and foster parents who are caring for young babies.
The Baby Carrying Workshop enables participants to introduce the concept of “babywearing”, demonstrate how to use a stretchy wrap, and provide information on carrying in a one-to-one or group setting. This course also trains participants to provide one-to-one instruction to parents learning how to use a stretchy wrap with a healthy, full-term baby.
The workshop covers:
- Overview of the ‘hows’ and ‘whys’ of babywearing
- Physiological and psychological aspects of carrying
- Carrying safely
- Overview and demonstration of different types of slings available
- How to recognize what makes a good carry/carrier
- How to teach one carry in a stretchy wrap: PWCC (pocket wrap cross carry)
The workshop fee includes:
- Handouts with material covered in this course
- Written step-by-step instructions for use with parents
- A certificate of attendance
Cost: €140. Limited to 6 people
If you are interested in doing this workshop, please complete this form.
* This course is suitable for antenatal educators, doulas, midwives, GPs, psychologists, lactation consultants, nurses, PHNs, physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, occupational therapists, complimentary healthcare practitioners, infant massage therapists, antenatal yoga teachers, baby yoga teachers, postnatal exercise instructors and other professionals who wish to support parents to use slings and baby carriers.
If you have any questions please get in touch with us at: